Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Spinning


My good friend is letting me borrow her combs. The kind that you prepare wool for spinning with. You comb the wool until it's light and fluffy. I am able to spin with out pre-drafting when I do this.













Here's a picture of what the wool looks like after it has been carded.










And here it is on my wheel.






And the finished product. This skein is about 70 yards. It's a single (not plyed), because my wheel doesn't have a big enough opening for a very large ply. Since I am just now spinning with out pre-drafting my yarn singles are still lumpy and bumpy. So if I ply the singles I will have a very bulky yarn.





I haven't been making any jewerly because I have been concentrating on finishing Christmas presents I was knitting. This is a picture of one of the pair of fingerless gloves I made.






This is one of a pair I made with a double braid. I took the pattern for the gloves in the first picture and adjusted it for the double braid. I made a pair for Catie that had a cetic braid. But I haven't taken a picture of them yet. I will post it later.

Have a happy and abundant New Year.

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment