Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sheep Festival

The sheep festival in Waterlou, IL was great. I went with a few of my friends from my knitting group. The three ladies are in my knitting group the gentleman is a friend of the redhead. He is a very nice guy.

When we got to the festival there were lots of sheep (as is to be expected). There were boy sheep, girl sheep and baby sheep. There were
even rabbits. Most of them were Angora rabbits. They have long beautiful hair. You shave them like you do sheep and mix the hair with a wool or alpaca then spin it.
There were lots of goodies to look at too. Many colors of wool and roving. Home spun yarn, homemade candles and lotions and spinning wheels. I even saw a demonstration of a spinning wheel type that Ghandi used to spin cotton with.


1 comment: