Total Pageviews

Friday, April 9, 2010

New to All of This


















Hey All.


This is my first attempt at blogging. A friend of mine told me all about her experience with blogging and being that it was a positive one, I decided to start one. So here I go.







I wanted to write about knitting and jewerly making. I have some experience in both but I wouldn't call myself profecent at either one of them. I have finished a couple of knitting projects for my second grandson. The picture above is a Bear Hugs Baby Wrap Cardigan. The pattern comes with the yarn and it also comes with two really cute buttons. See I didn't remember finishing. I did remember starting it.While I was rooting in my excessive stash of yarn I came across a baby sweater that I It was a nice surprise, because I finished it. In the past I knitted mostly afgans and mittens. Accasional hats, stuff like that.

Anyway I have gotten off track. Along with this cardigan, I knitted a thermal blanket. When I knitted it we didn't know if the baby was going to be a boy or girl. So I choose a nutral color, or so I thought. Yep, purple and white. My husband thinks it looks girly. My daughter likes it, and that is the important thing. This blanket was quite a challenge. I had to ask another knitter on my knitting community who had knitted it, how to do the stitch. After a lot of starting and re-starting I got the hang of it.


For my first grandson I made a blanket and a sweater for him. I didn't take a picture of the blanket but I did for the sweater. My daughter and her family lives in a country that pretty much has warm to hot weather all year roung. So I don't know if these items will get a lot of use. But I like making things for them.


I made scarfs and hats for my son and his wife. They live in the pacific north western part of the United States so they will get some use out of them. The picture is a bit blurry. It was sent to me via e-mail.

I am making an afgan/blanket for my second daughter for her wedding. I have until July or August to make it. I think I will make it in time.
Until next week.
Bright Blessings Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment