Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Grandson



Wonderful news, my grandson was born last Saturday, April 17th. He weighed in at 7lbs 4oz. The pictures are kinda small and a bit blurry. They were sent via e-mail and the program my daughter uses is a bit funny. I can download them all at once but they are grouped all together in one file. I can copy and paste them individualy but then they are tiny.




Jessica is in Turkey and I guess if the baby doesn't come before the due date, they like to induce labor on the due date. So Mason was born on his due date.



Bryson is a big brother now and I don't think he quite knows what to think. I talked to Jessica over Skype. (It's a wonderful thing) and I got to see everyone. Bryson was attempting to kiss and hug Mason but like all two yearolds, he hasn't quite gotten the hang of gentle yet. Jessica says that her or Randy have to run interference between Mason and Bryson.



The Garden has been planted. Don, Catie and I planted the seeds and plants in our garden boxes last Sunday. We had bought seeds. Our goal was to start with only seeds. After looking at the instructions on the seed packages (of course we did this just before we were going to plant) we found out that most of my herb seeds needed to be started 8 to 10 weeks before the ground warms. ?! So I hurried to Lowes and bought some herb plants. I wasn't able to find some of the ones I wanted but I did get a majority of them.





Tonight is opening night for Catie's school play. They are doing 'Beauty and the Beast'. Catie is in the chours. She one of the villagers, a fairy, and a cream pitcher. She has a line in the mob scene. Catie is a bit nervous about tonight. They are behind rehursals about 3 weeks. The script and music was delayed getting to them because of the snow storm the east coast had a few months ago.
(Catie is the villager in the red)







I am attempting to make a bed coverlet for Jeni and Jamey's wedding. They are thinking about getting married in August so that gives me approx. 4 months to get it done. I have been having a heck of a time starting it. It starts on double pointed needles and has about 75 rounds. It is cabled. It's called Yiggdrasil. The tree of life. The center is the roots so the cabling doesn't make much sense. But I am at about round 25 and I am starting to see a pattern.
























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment